Both management and executives call upon us when starting or dissolving a business relationship to negotiate a broad range of employment contracts. Our firm crafts noncompetition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements, work for hire agreements, and severance agreements. In such negotiations, we bring to bear the breadth of our knowledge of employment and corporate law, our experience as litigators, and our skill in contract negotiation. We have the expertise to analyze employment contracts involving securities brokers, accountants, doctors, and corporate directors, officers, and executives.
We have also prevailed at trial, on appeal, and in arbitration in high stakes disputes between professionals and their employers arising out of the alleged breach of employment agreements.
Here are some of the outcomes our lawyers have achieved for our clients:
- Represented a broker at a prestigious investment bank in a dispute concerning compensation and other issues. Achieved a rapid, favorable resolution of all claims.
- Advised a bank vice president concerning employment-related issues.
- Defended a construction company executive in a multimillion dollar lawsuit brought by his former employer, who was represented by a national law firm, in an action alleging breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with contract. Replaced prior counsel and obtained a favorable resolution of all claims within one year of retention.
- Represented a hedge fund employee in claims against his former employer, who was represented by multinational law firm. Obtained a highly favorable settlement.
- Defended a company in federal litigation over payment of multimillion dollar earnout. Obtained a favorable resolution of the claim.
- Representation of former senior executive alleging breach of multimillion-dollar compensation agreements.