Whether defending a business owner falsely accused of sexual harassment in the tabloids, or prosecuting discrimination claims on behalf of employees against powerful corporate executives, our attorneys have prevailed at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts. We prosecute and defend claims arising under the federal, state, and city laws prohibiting discrimination based on an individual’s race, age, gender, marital status, disability, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or need to attend to a family member’s illness.
Here are some of the outcomes our lawyers have achieved for our clients:
- Procured the dismissal of a federal sexual harassment and retaliation suit filed against a prominent physician after the plaintiff accused him of sexual harassment in the tabloids.
- Obtained a presuit financial settlement on behalf of a bank vice president who was terminated as part of a reduction in force after his cancer diagnosis.
- Obtained a prompt and favorable settlement of a racial discrimination claim brought by a physician against her federal employer. Before retaining us, the doctor had lost two administrative hearings and had her medical privileges suspended. Upon the negative information being expunged from her file as part of the settlement, she was then hired as the director of a different federally operated medical facility.
- Obtained the dismissal of claims that a law firm failed to hold open an employee’s job after her surgery.
- Successfully represented a group of women accusing the general counsel of a major securities firm of sexual harassment.
- Successfully represented an employee accusing a prominent celebrity of discrimination.
- Defense of a national restaurant chain in an employment discrimination matter resulting in favorable settlements.
- Representation of a construction company in a Title VII sexual harassment case.